Convert to Islam: https://untoislam.com
About Us: https://untoislam.com/about-us
Contact Us: https://untoislam.com/contact-us
Live QA Session: https://untoislam.com/live-qa-session
Sponsor|Donate|Support|Help Us: https://untoislam.com/donate
Islam and the Environment (USA)
In this episode we discuss:
- Islam and its connection to the environment.
- The importance of the taking care of the environment.
- The importance of the taking care of plants and animals and reducing our impact on the environment.
- Over-population and over-consumption.
Highlights from the episode:
- The importance of the environment in our religion.
- Caring for animals, plants, and water.
- The concept of the 7th generation in Native American culture.
- How the Holy Prophet emphasized caring for the environment for subsequent generations.
- Discussion on pollution, over-consumption, and overpopulation.
- Christian perspective versus Islamic perspective on the environment.
- Information on how the environment will serve as a witness to humanity on the day of judgement.
- Plant and animal communities and communication.
- The roles of plants and animals in the necessities of life for humanity and other living beings.
- Extinction of a variety of species, due to over-hunting.
- How over-consumption impacts human health.
- How eating less meat, can have a positive impact on the environment, and allow us to feed more people.
- How over-harvesting our resources, including over-fishing, is detrimental to animals, people, and their environments.
- Convenience culture of modern society is reviewed, especially the over-production of goods, including food.
- The current culture norms of over-consumption and the facade of plenty.
- How humanity has disconnected from the environment, including food production.
- The connection between one farmer and his farm.
- Plant and animal husbandry in the current factory farms systems.
- Overpopulation and it's impact on the environment.
About the Becoming Muslim Podcast
Do you have questions about Islam? Are you looking for a new direction in life?
The Becoming Muslim podcast at https://untoislam.com is made for those who are in the midst of researching Islam. It also suits newly converted Muslims.
Our podcast offers a wide variety of audible resources. From captivating stories of converts to discussions on day to day Islamic practices, Unto Islam allows for each individual to cater to their spiritual needs.
(1) How to convert to Islam
(2) What it means to be Muslim
(3) Why Islam has helped others
As Muslims do not engage in missionary work, our site is only here to help those who want to know more about our faith and creed.
Gina Marie DeBarthe converted in 2019
Her mother is from Honduras, a small country in Central America, and her father is from Missouri.
She was born in California.
Her father was in the Navy and then in Civil Service, so she lived all over the US and she spent time in Germany.
She currently lives in Independence, Missouri.
Gina is a Speech language pathologist.
She works with adults and children with communication disorders, developmental disabilities, and those who have had strokes, or traumatic brain injuries.
Gina states, "I feel very blessed for being guided to Islam. I have had a few trials and difficulties in life. More than once, I almost died. When I read the Qu'ran, so many things in my life made sense. Also, after taking shadada, I found I was truly able to forgive and let go of those things from my past that had been encumbering me".
See full profile page here.